2a. This dialog box will appear if Attach Project to Revit Model was selected when creating a new Project.
2b. If the dialog does not appear or Attach Project to Revit Model was not selected, then navigate to the overall Project menu and select Connect To Revit Model.
3. Follow the instructions within the dialog box for connecting the Project to Revit.
Download and install the Layer Revit Add-in
- Ensure that Revit is installed on the computer (2018 or above)
- Download the latest Layer Revit Add-in
- Save the install file to the Downloads folder
- Double click the install file to begin installation
- Once the installation completes, open Revit and the Layer Revit Add-in should appear in the Add-ins Tab
Attach a Revit model to Layer
- Open Revit
- Go to the Add-ins tab, and under LAYER click Sign-in
- Click Attach Model
- Choose which categories should be kept in sync. Not sure where to start? Try Rooms, Doors, Windows, and Sheets and connect other categories later.
Things to note
- Elements added in Revit which are attached to Layer will automatically be added as Elements in Layer.
- Revit Parameters which are attached to Layer will automatically change within the corresponding Fields in Layer.
- Elements added in Layer can be attached to Revit elements by clicking Link Elements in Revit and choosing a Revit element for each new Layer Element. Follow these instructions here.