Set up the CSV file:
- Ensure that there are two columns in the spreadsheet: Element and Category. Currently, a CSV file is the only data import supported.
- Elements can be named anything. The name in the Element column in the CSV file will be the Element name in Layer.
- Categories can also be named named anything. If the category already exists in Layer, then the elements will be added to the Category in Layer. If the category does not exist in Layer, a new Category will be created.
- Important: Elements imported from a spreadsheet cannot be added to Revit Categories in Layer. For example, if there is a Revit category named Rooms, and the category in the spreadsheet is listed as Rooms, a new, non-Revit category titled Rooms will be created.
Import the CSV file:
2. Click the Elements icon in the bottom navigation bar to create new Elements manually. Or click the Import CSV button if no Elements exist.
3. Click the Import CSV button.
4. Choose the CSV file from the computer.
5. After uploading the CSV file, review that the Elements and Categories will import as intended. If correct, click the Import Elements button to complete the import.