2. Download and install the Layer Revit Add-in
- Ensure that Revit is installed on the computer (2018 or later)
- Download the latest Layer Revit Add-in
- Save the install file to the Downloads folder
- Double click the install file to begin installation
- Once the installation completes, open Revit and locate the Layer Add-in Tab
3. Attach a Revit model to Layer
- Open the Revit model you want to attach to Layer
- Go to the LAYER tab, click Sign-in
- Once you've successfully signed in, click on Attach Model
- Choose which Categories should be kept in sync then click Attach. Not sure where to start? Try Rooms, Doors, Windows, and Sheets. You can always come back to the Attach Model dialog to select additional categories later.
4. The Revit model is now attached!
Now that the Revit model is attached, any changes that are made to the Revit model within the selected Categories will be pushed automatically to Layer. For example, if a wall that is moved affects the size of four different rooms, those four room changes will be synced to Layer. If a room is added to the Revit model, that room will be added to Layer. There is no need to manually sync, publish, or refresh the data as a model changes, those changes are synced automatically.
5. Need to attach multiple models?
No problem, just follow Steps 2-4 with as many Revit models as needed.
Things to note:
- Elements added to Revit categories which are attached to Layer will automatically be added as Elements in Layer.
- Revit Parameters which are displayed in Layer will automatically change within the corresponding Fields in Layer.
- Elements created in attached Categories in Layer can be attached to Revit elements by following these instructions.
Need more help? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.