Did you create a new Layer Element that now needs to be attached to Revit? Did you accidentally detach a Revit element from Layer?
No worries, follow these instructions for linking Layer Elements to Revit. Note that if you imported Revit Elements into Layer, those Elements are automatically linked. There's no need to re-link them unless they were detached.
In order to connect a Layer Element to Revit, the Element needs to be created within an existing Revit Category. These Categories come from first attaching a Revit model to Layer. Need help attaching your Revit model to Layer? No problem, view this easy tutorial for attaching a Revit model to Layer.
Make sure that a Layer Project has been created before attaching the Revit model.
2. Select a Revit Category in the left navigation panel then click the Create an Element button at the bottom of the screen. Remember, to connect a Layer Element to Revit, the Element must be created within an existing Revit Category, indicated by the Revit "R" logo.
3. Enter the Element name then click the + Create Element button to finish.
4. Select the Element then add data, photos, files, notes, and tasks.
5. Open the attached Revit model and click on the Layer addin tab.
Note that the Revit geometry needs to be created in the same Category as the Layer Element. For this example, we are using the Rooms Category.
6. Click the Link Elements button in the Layer addin tab.
7. Select the new Layer Element from the list and click the Pick Element button.
8. Select the Revit geometry in the model that will be linked to the Layer Element.
9. Select additional Elements
The Link Element dialogue box should now re-appear. To link multiple elements at once, click the next element from the list and pick its associated geometry. Click the Link Elements button to finalize the connection between Revit and Layer.
10. The Layer and Revit Elements are now connected.
Clicking on the Revit geometry will now pull up the Layer element in the Layer Dashboard.
Need more help? Contact us at email@example.com.