Flag issues fast with easy-drop annotations in Revit that link directly to detailed notes, photos, and tasks in Layer. There is no need to have specific Revit geometry, like a room or a door, to drop a Layer Reference.
Watch this quick tutorial or use the step-by-step directions below:
2. If you haven’t already, download and install the Layer Revit Add-in and attach a Revit model.
3. Select the Layer addin tab then click on the Add Layer Ref button.
4. In the Category dropdown menu, select an existing Category from your Layer Project. This is the Category in which you will create the Layer References. Don’t have a Category set up in Layer yet? Follow these instructions here for setting up a new Category in Layer.
5. In the Name field, create your own short naming system or use the default system provided. Click the Create button.
6. Place the annotation symbol within the Revit model.
Tip: If you are using Layer References for Coordination Issues, we like to create a form Field to assign the issue directly to a team member who will receive an instant push notification.
7. Repeat Steps 3-6 to insert additional Layer References.
Need more help? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.